Dear Beloved Children of Mary, the Legionaries,
The officers of Senatus of Uganda, greet you, love you and pray for you daily.
We give glory to God for the Centenary of the Legion of Mary and once again congratulate you, dear Legionaries upon this milestone.
We thank Rev. Fr. Lawrence Mandela from Muhorro Comitium in Hoima Diocese for giving us this month’s allocutio in which we reflect on the theme of the Centenary Celebrations.
As we all know, the year of celebrations started on the 7th September, 2021 and will end September 2022. Therefore we are reminding all Legionaries of the following:-
- The theme of the year of Celebrations is “Remember, Renew, Rejoice, Recruit. 1921-2021” and we shall go by its message.
- In this Centenary year, Praesidia will celebrate their dates of founding, Curiae will organise congresses and the climax for each diocese will be the Mass organised at the Cathedral.
- For the Councils and Praesidia that have not submitted the names of the deceased Legionaries, please do so to the next higher Council till the list reaches the Senatus. For Senatus, send to email@example.com
- Immediately the lockdown is eased, Legion of Mary activities will resume in consultation with our Spiritual Directors.
- In the meantime when the lockdown is still ongoing we should continue praying the Legion of Mary prayers daily and on the day and time of our Praesidia meetings.
- In addition, each Legionary is called upon to observe an hour with Mother Mary by praying the rosary during the hour allocated to you by your 24-hour rosary group.
- Remember, October is the month of the Holy Rosary. Please pray the rosary and encourage many people to do so.
May Mary Immaculate, our Mother and Queen, Mediatrix of all Graces pray for us as we begin the second Century.
May God bless you.