The long awaited day is just hours around the corner!
It is unfortunate that due to the CoVID-19, we can not have as many people physically attend the Mass. Attendance will ONLY be by invitation.
The organising Committee has made a provision for each and every Legionary to participate in the Mass ONLINE. Many thanks to Radio Maria Uganda, Uganda Catholic TV, Ugandan Catholics Online among others that will broadcast the Mass LIVE.
- We shall stream live on the Senatus of Uganda Youtube Channel that you can access through this LINK.
- The Uganda Catholic TV will also be broadcasting live. You can access it on free-to-air decoders or on GoTV.
- Radio Maria Uganda (All the substations). For those unable to access the radio, you can listen Live through their website or download the Radio Maria World Family app (Go to Africa).
The activities of Tuesday, 7th September 2021 will be as follows (For those in a different time zone, we are using East Africa Standard time or GMT+3).
- Opening Prayers: As it is for all Legion of Mary functions, we shall begin with opening prayers at 9:20am. These unfortunately will not be live but we ask you all wherever you will be to say those prayers. The next activities will be live.
- Mass begins at 10.00am.
- The Catena will follow.
- The Centenary theme song will be launched and the Centenary candle lit by the bishop to mark the beginning of Centenary celebrations in Uganda.
- A few speeches will then be followed by the Concluding prayers of the Legion. These will end our live program during the day.
Centenary theme Song
At 4pm (still on Tuesday), we shall premiere the lyric video of the Centenary theme song. In order not to miss out, you can set a reminder on this LINK available on our YouTube channel.
8pm on 7th September
Do you remember 7th September 1921?
The very first meeting of the Legion of Mary started at that time.
To commemorate that hour in which Legion of Mary will mark 100 years, we shall have the Legion of Mary prayers that will be live on Radio Maria Uganda-Kampala and the other substations that may be connected.
May mother Mary intercede for us