Allocutio delivered by Rev. Fr. Innocent Byenkya, Spiritual Director from Hoima Comitium
Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska
Being the Divine Mercy Sunday, the Spiritual reading was taken from the Diary of St. Maria Faustina Kowalska.
The image of the merciful Jesus is the image of Divine Mercy in which God’s love for human kind was expressly revealed to us.
By Christ’s will, the image bears the signature “Jesus, I trust in you”.
When we talk about the divine mercy, we talk about the trust in God and the love of neighbour.
To trust in God means total surrender to God’s will. Mary is the greatest example of what it means to trust in God.
The devotion to the divine mercy requires among others:
- Celebrate the Feast on the Sunday after Easter;
- Sincerely repent of all our sins;
- Place our complete trust in Jesus;
- Go to confession, preferably before that Sunday;
- Receive Holy Communion on the day of the Feast;
- Venerate the Image of the Divine Mercy;
- Be merciful to others, through our actions, words, and prayers on their behalf.
When Jesus forgave at the Cross, from his heart came the divine mercy.